“I want to applaud the LA Fund and Superintendent Deasy for leading the charge to make sure all kids
have access to a healthy breakfast that will jump start their day, and get them ready to learn.”
The Los Angeles Fund for Public Education partners with LA schools to invest in innovative, results-oriented programs designed to ensure every student has a chance to succeed. Through collaboration and creativity, we inspire action and achieve impact. In Los Angeles County, more than 80% of the student population is African American and Latino. The vast majority of these students live in conditions of poverty.
- Girls Build LA: Empowering young women to address the most urgent challenges they face in their communities.
- School Fuel: Ensuring students start their day with a nutritious breakfast and nutrition education so they are ready to learn.
- The Intern Project: Transforming the lives of LA's youth through hands-on internships at the city's most prestigious companies.
- #ArtsMatter: Spearheading arts integration pilots to integrate arts education and creativity into the core curriculum.
- Grants HQ: Providing personalized training and support to educators so they can bring more resources to their classrooms.
- Anti-Bullying Campaign: Hosted the nation’s largest anti-bullying symposium and implemented programs to inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
- Blended Learning: Exploring ideas that combine traditional teaching methods and technology given the rapidly changing learning environment.
The Los Angeles Fund for Public Education invests in results-oriented programs designed to ensure that every student in the nation’s second-largest school system has the chance to succeed.
The LA Fund is positioned to lead scalable innovations that reach all corners of Los Angeles. Working directly with classroom teachers as well as district leadership, the LA Fund has a proven track record of creating meaningful systemic change in the second largest school system in the nation. From ensuring that hundreds of thousands of students have access to a healthy breakfast everyday, to providing life changing professional experiences for deserving students at leading companies, to empowering young women to solve the most urgent challenges in their communities, change is happening.
An independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the LA Fund is in a unique position to bridge public and private partnerships, to drive positive and sustainable change that will have a direct impact on the education of LA students. Partnerships are key to the LA Fund’s success, and the LA Fund works collaboratively with school and district leadership, donors, and key stakeholders.